1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 can (796ml) tomatoes, chopped
3 small zucchni, cut into chunks
2 large red or green pepper seeded and cubed
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1 can (540ml) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
salt & pepper
grated cheese, chedder or mozzarella
- Heat oil in a sauncepan over medium heat and cook onion and garlic until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add canned tomotoes, zucchini, pepper, chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Cook, partially covered until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add kidnet beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until heated through.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top with grated cheese.
For Chili Con Carne, brown a pound of ground turkey, beef or veal along with onions and garlic, and increase spices slighly.
For really hot chili add some chopped jalepeno pepper or chili pepper flakes to taste.